Website Caring Matters
JOB TITLE: RSS/DSS Full-Time for A.M. Group Home (35 Hours, Split Shift)
Caring Matters will be hiring a Full-Time Residential Direct Support Staff for the A.M. Group Home. The work schedule is as follows:
Monday – Friday – 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 am / 2:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Refer below to the Job Description for complete responsibilities/duties.
- Bilingual preferred;
- Applicants must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and a clear Motor Vehicle Report (MVR); and
- Hourly Wage: $9.75 per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assisting individuals in performing activities of daily living (i.e., grooming, eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, housekeeping), while promoting the achievement of maximum independence;
- Educating and supporting individuals in all self-help skills, as well as skills deemed significant by the individual and his/her Interdisciplinary Team (IDT);
- Implementing all treatment plans as determined and designated by the individual and IDT (i.e., Individual Support Plans, Training Objectives, Behavior Support Strategies, etc.);
- Assistance with medications and performance of Nurse-delegated tasks;
- Supervision of individual’s safety and security;
- Advocating for individual’s rights;
- Assisting individuals in attending their goals;
- Promoting positive self-concept through encouragement and positive reinforcement;
- Communicating significant factors regarding each individual’s treatment to the person designated to coordinate services for the individual(s); and
- Documenting individual’s daily activities, as well as recording progress or lack of progress pertaining to objectives and goals.
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good written skills
- 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities (preferred)
HS Diploma or Equivalent
This position may require high physical demands such as bending, lifting, and stretching (i.e., supporting adults in bathing, changing adult briefs, lifting/transferring non-ambulatory individuals)
HOW TO APPLY
Before submitting your application please make sure to read the information below, you must download and fill documents linked below.
Once you are ready to submit, click on the “Apply for Job Button Below and fill in the form, make sure to upload the required documents.
After submitting you will receive a confirmation email. Please check your spam folder. If you do not receive a confirmation in the next 24 hours please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for the job listing applicants must submit
- A copy of their Drivers License
- Applicable diploma (High School diploma or equivalent)
- Employment Application Form
- Background Check Authorization Form (R)
NOTE: If the applicant does not have a high school diploma/GED documents available, then an Equivalency Exam & References Form must be submitted as part of the application packet. –